Included Articles in the Scoping Review
1. Abdel-Sattar M, Cook S, Wheeler A, Mullen W, Maiese BA, Heidbreder C, et al. Impact of COVID-19 on OUD management and MOUD access in the US. Journal of Addiction Medicine. 2021;15(5):E28.
2. Akoto K. Comparison of office versus telemedicine video visits in suboxone maintenance. Journal of Addiction Medicine. 2017;11(3):E19.
3. Beharie N, Kaplan-Dobbs M, Urmanche A, Paone D, Harocopos A. “I didn’t feel like a number”: The impact of nurse care managers on the provision of buprenorphine treatment in primary care settings. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. 2022;132:108633.
4. Behrends CN, Lu X, Corry GJ, LaKosky P, Prohaska SM, Glick SN, et al. Harm reduction and health services provided by syringe services programs in 2019 and subsequent impact of COVID-19 on services in 2020. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2022;232:109323.
5. Calandra J, Shukla S, Grandy R. Addressing equity and access to care: How an academic family medicine practice manages human immunodeficiency virus, hepatitis C, and substance use disorders in rural Appalachia. Journal of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. 2022;5(8):921–7.
6. Caton L, Cheng H, Garneau HC, Fisher T, Harris-Mills B, Hurley B, et al. COVID-19 Adaptations in the Care of Patients with Opioid Use Disorder: a Survey of California Primary Care Clinics. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2021;36(4):998–1005.
7. Crowley D, Delargy I. A national model of remote care for assessing and providing opioid agonist treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic: a report. Harm Reduction Journal. 2020 Dec;17(1):49.
8. Griffin J, Waldman J, Dankanich M. Engaging people experiencing homelessness in community health worker-facilitated telehealth services in response to COVID-19. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2021;36(Supplement 1):S387.
9. Hedden L, McCracken RK, Spencer S, Narayan S, Gooderham E, Bach P, et al. Advancing virtual primary care for people with opioid use disorder (VPC OUD): a mixed-methods study protocol. BMJ Open. 2022;12(9):e067608.
10. Hodgkin D, Horgan C, Bart G. Financial sustainability of payment models for office-based opioid treatment in outpatient clinics. Addiction Science & Clinical Practice. 2021;16(1):45.
11. Hser YI, Ober AJ, Dopp AR, Lin C, Osterhage KP, Clingan SE, et al. Is telemedicine the answer to rural expansion of medication treatment for opioid use disorder? Early experiences in the feasibility study phase of a National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network Trial. Addiction Science & Clinical Practice. 2021;16(1):24, s13722-021-00233–x.
12. Hser Y, Mooney LJ. Integrating Telemedicine for Medication Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Rural Primary Care: Beyond the COVID Pandemic. The Journal of Rural Health. 2021;37(1):246–8.
13. Huskamp HA, Riedel L, Uscher-Pines L, Busch AB, Barnett ML, Raja P, et al. Initiating Opioid Use Disorder Medication via Telemedicine During COVID-19: Implications for Proposed Reforms to the Ryan Haight Act. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2022;37(1):162–7.
14. Incze MA, Chen D, Galyean P, Kimball E, Zickmund SL. Examining the primary care experience of people with opioid use disorder. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2022;37(Supplement 2):S144.
15. Jones CM, Diallo MM, Vythilingam M, Schier JG, Eisenstat M, Compton WM. Characteristics and correlates of U.S. clinicians prescribing buprenorphine for opioid use disorder treatment using expanded authorities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2021;225:108783.
16. Lee JD, Grossman E, DiRocco D, Gourevitch MN. Home Buprenorphine/Naloxone Induction in Primary Care. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2009;24(2):226–32.
17. Leo P, Gastala N, Fleurimont J, Messmer S, Maes P, Richardson J, et al. A Community Partnership to Improve Access to Buprenorphine in a Homeless Population. Annals of Family Medicine. 2021;19(1):85–85.
18. Lin LA, Fortney JC, Bohnert ASB, Coughlin LN, Zhang L, Piette JD. Comparing telemedicine to in-person buprenorphine treatment in U.S. veterans with opioid use disorder. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. 2022;133:108492.
19. O’Gurek DT. Designing and Evaluating COVID-19 Protocols for an Office-Based Opioid Treatment Program in an Urban Underserved Setting. The Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2021;34(Supplement):S136–40.
20. Patel SY, Ortiz EG, Barsky BA, Huskamp HA, Busch AB, Mehrotra A. Patient and Clinician Characteristics Associated with Use of Telemedicine for Buprenorphine Induction Among Medicare Beneficiaries. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2022;37(14):3758–61.
21. Riedel L, Uscher-Pines L, Mehrotra A, Busch AB, Barnett ML, Raja P, et al. Use of telemedicine for opioid use disorder treatment – Perceptions and experiences of opioid use disorder clinicians. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2021;228:108999.
22. Sahu N, Chen PH, Shimoni N. Telehealth to improve continuity for patients receiving buprenorphine treatment for opioid use disorder. Annals of Family Medicine. 2022;20(Supplement 1):1.
23. Sivakumar A, Madden L, DiDomizio E, Eller A, Villanueva M, Altice FL. Treatment of Hepatitis C virus among people who inject drugs at a syringe service program during the COVID-19 response: The potential role of telehealth, medications for opioid use disorder and minimal demands on patients. International Journal of Drug Policy. 2022;101:103570.
24. Snell-Rood C, Pollini RA, Willging C. Barriers to Integrated Medication-Assisted Treatment for Rural Patients With Co-occurring Disorders: The Gap in Managing Addiction. Psychiatric Services. 2021;72(8):935–42.
25. Taylor NK, Saharan A, Grady B, Aboelata N, Brown-Johnson C, Asch SM, et al. Assessing perceptions of MOUD during COVID-19 in a black and homeless population. Journal of Addiction Medicine. 2021;15(5):E4–5.
26. Thompson RA, Kizewski AL, Johnson D, Fletcher E, Clancy GL, Bunn T. Assessing barriers to serving patients with substance use disorders: A Kentucky pilot. Journal of Addiction Medicine. 2021;15(5):E4–5.
27. Uscher-Pines L, Sousa J, Raja P, Mehrotra A, Barnett M, Huskamp HA. Treatment of opioid use disorder during COVID-19: Experiences of clinicians transitioning to telemedicine. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. 2020;118:108124.
28. Wang L, Weiss J, Ryan EB, Waldman J, Rubin S, Griffin JL. Telemedicine increases access to buprenorphine initiation during the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. 2021;124:108272.
29. Wilson CG, Ramage M, Fagan EB. A Primary Care Response to COVID‐19 for Patients with an Opioid Use Disorder. The Journal of Rural Health. 2021;37(1):169–71.